As the dirtiest part of the bathroom, the toilet should take first consideration on a precleaning. Your goal is to wipe up any gunk, hair, and yuk that you can SEE, before you come back and WASH the toilet in a few minutes. As you wipe, keep folding the paper towel to use an unsoiled area of the towel, discarding the towel when fully soiled.
- Using the vinegar spray and paper towel, start with the top of the tank and the top of the lid (this is mostly dusting).
- Move to spraying and wiping the area behind and around the lid bolts.
- Then spray and wipe all around the outside of bowl including where it is bolted to the floor and the immediate floor around it.
- Open the lid and spray and wipe the seat, under the seat, and top of bowl.
- Lastly, spray into the toilet bowl all the surfaces not under the water, and wipe away any gunk you can see.
- Throw the soiled paper towel(s) into the trash and flush the toilet.
- Prepare for washing the toilet by sprinkling the toilet lip and inside of bowl with baking soda.
Go to Step 2: Preclean Vanity.