I’ve ventured a tiny bit away from 100% gluten free…into the land of ancient grains. Einkorn is perhaps the most ancient form of wheat, with a different kind of gluten, far less gluten (1.2% vs. 9.9%) and chromosomes (14 vs. 42), and far more nutritional punch (2.5x protein, 3x antioxidants).
These muffins are light yet hearty, with just a touch of sweetness. A perfect breakfast muffin.
Blueberry Einkorn Muffins
- 1.5 cups pure water
- 3 TB hemp seeds
Add to large mixing bowl with:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
Whisk, then add:
- 2 cups Einkorn Flour (Young Living)
- 1 cup Namaste GF flour (Costco)
- 1 cup GF flour (Trader Joes)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 4 tsp aluminum-free baking soda (Trader Joes)
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt (Amazon)
Stir until just combined, then add:
- 2 cups fresh or thawed blueberries
Spoon into paper lined muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. I baked at 375 on convection for 20 minutes. Serve warm with quality butter.